Sunday, January 31, 2016

January 2016 Favorites

Hello!

As January comes to an end, I'm coming at you with the first monthly favourites of the year. There were lots of new makeup products introduced this month, I got to try a couple new products! I also tried to go through my collection to get rid of some unused product, expired products, and products that do not work for me.  During that I rediscovered some forgotten favourites!


Chanel Glossimer in the shade 487 Etincelle



First of all, I am not a lip gloss person but I really like the Chanel Glossimer. They are quite sheer with slight hints of colour. It is very glossy but not sticky at all! This was from the 2015 Holiday collection, I believe you can still get it on Chanel's website, but also check the counters! The shade I have is 487 Etincelle, which is a dark (in the tube) burgundy/ berry colour with gold glitter. On the lips, the colour is not opaque, only a hint of the colour, looks pretty natural! The gold glitter was my biggest concern; however, you don't really feel the glitter on the lips, but the glitter catches the light beautifully. I love this so much because I can put it on without a mirror and because it's sheer, it's low maintenance! It also adds colour to my everyday neutral makeup routine. I also recommend this to someone who wants to try darker colour but is afraid of the "in your face" bold lip colour.

Swatch time! Left to right: lip liner, lip liner + gloss, Gloss
The color looks more berry/ burgundy in person and on the lips!

Jordana Lip Pencil in 37 Cabaret


During the colder days when I want a bolder/ darker lip colours I will fill my lips using this liner and add apply the Chanel Glossier on top. This lip liner is less than two dollars but I like it more than some of the higher end lip liners. This stays on the lips without sliding around, bleed but it also does not try out the lips. It is really pigmented, it glides on the lip without tugging. Also, it also doesn't settle in the crease of the lips!

City Color HD Powder


I received this awhile ago in an IPSY bag, I used it a couple times and then forgot about it. I was not used to using loose powders, I find that it gets messy easily. I rediscover this when there was the face "baking"trend on youtube later last year. Since then I have been using this everyday to set my under eyes. Instead of using a big powder face brush, I use smaller brushes so the powder wouldn't go anywhere. I always have problems with my under eyes concealer creasing through out the day, super annoying!!! Now I would put on concealer around the eyes, then lightly dust this powder on the areas with concealer with a fluffy eye brush.  Also adding Foxy (pale yellow shade) from Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette, on the eye area. Let it set while I do my brows, set my face make up, etc about 5 minutes. I will lightly dust more HD powder on the eye area and pat away some "creasing". I notice my concealer, eye shadow stopped slipping around and stayed all day with this trick. This trick also works making ur lip color last all day!

BareMinerals Powder Foundation


Sometimes I don't want to put on a full face of makeup, or I don't have time to do so. I would just put concealer around my eyes i.e., follow the trick I just talked about, then applying the powder foundation all over. the coverage is amazing! It allows my makeup to look natural while presentable! It saves me so much time!

Chanel Joues Contraste Lumiere Highlighter


I believe this is also from the 2015 Holiday Collection. I'm not sure if this is limited edition, but I hope not! If you read my posts before, you might know I like how my makeup product can be very versatile. I like how I can using my products as many ways possible. For example, I can do almost a full face of makeup using just the Urban Decay Naked Basics. Anyways back to the highlighter. Honestly, I over looked this product when I saw the Holiday Collection. It looks blah to me, I wasn't sure what it is supposed to be, the color is not like a typical highlighter, looks more like a very light bronzer to me. The makeup artist at the counter tried this on me and told me how I can use this product, I was hooked! There are many ways I use this product like I said before. First, I use it as a highlighter on my nose, and the top of my cheek bones. Second, I use it as eyeshadow, it's very neutral and it catches the light. For a quick neutral eye look, I put this on like eyeshadow then I line my eyes and I'm done! Love Love Love this product!!

That's everything I can remember, short and sweet! I really enjoyed January, many things have happened in a positive way! Good start to the year (or am I just biased because it's my birthday month)?! I hope everyone is still enjoying the new year! Share with my what you have been loving for January!

Yours Truly,

Ting


Find me here:
Instagram: @judyy116
Twitter: @jtingsdiary
Email: jtingsdiary@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment