Monday, March 28, 2016

March IPSY Glam Bag Unboxing

Hello!

Third IPSY bag of the year!! I know I missed the February Glam bag, but honestly, I don't feel motivated to post the bag when I'm not that happy with the bag. What do you think? Should I also talk about disappointing months? Anyways, you probably guessed, I'm pretty happy with this month's bag. First of all, I really like the bag itself! I really like the color contrast on the bag. This month there are 3 different color combination of the bag, and I'm so glad I got this one!


Marc Anthony Argan Oil Blow Dry Smoothing Cream



I don't usually use any hair care products, but I have been wanting to try this for a long time. I was hoping the argan oil can help smooth out the ends of my hair. However, I can't stand the smell of this product, it's too strong and sweet. I'll be passing this along to my friends.

Full Size: 6.76 OZ (200ml) for about $9.46 CAD
Sample size I received: 1.69oz which is about $2.37CAD ($1.8 USD)

Model Co. Lip Lacquer in Socialite

The color is rich and gorgeous, it's a coral and strawberry color. It stains the lip,so it last for a long time.It smells/ taste like strawberry candy. However, it is SUPER sticky, I would enjoy this product more if it isn't this sticky.

This product is available on Modelcocosmetics.com. The full size is $24 USD, about 5ml, but my sample size is 1.5 ml so about $7.2 USD.


Some swatches: Illamasqua liner (left,), Model Co. lip laquer (Right)

Illamasqua Precision Ink Eye Liner Liquide


This is my favorite product in the bag. I have been hearing so much about Illamasqua through beauty gurus on Youtube, but I never had the chance to try it out. I'm so excited I received this in the bag this month. As a first timer with long "handle" liquid eyeliner, this is surprisingly easy to use. I usually use the liquid eyeliners from Stila. The liner goes on smooth and it does not transfer on to the upper lids even when I blink my eyes right after application. It stays on without smudging. However, you can't remove the liner with just cleansing water, you need a oil based (waterproof) makeup remover. I want to try more products from Illamasqua!

This is a full size 1.8ml product! It is $39.95 CAD ($30.29 USD) on it's website.

Be a Bombshell Baked Bronzer in Heat Wave



I am honestly quite disappointed with this product. It looks beautiful as a highlighting bronzer/ blush in the pan, but nothing really shows up when I swatch it. I tried to pick up the color with my fingers but it is still very subtle, I couldn't really tell if the product was on my cheeks. I've received a couple products from Be a bombshell Cosmetics before and they have been great. I'm not sure why this isn't showing up as well, but I'm going to play around with it a bit more because the color looks so gorgeous in the pan.

This product can be found on beabombshellcosmetics.com. The full size retails for $16 USD. Again, I believe the one I received was a full size, which is .23 oz!

Manna Kadar Fantasy 3-in-1 Blush Highlighter Eyeshadow


The last product in the bag is a 3-in-1 cool product! It is a universal shade that can be used as a highlighter, blush or eye shadow! You know how I like products that serves multiple purposes! The color is so beauty and it's quite pigmented!  One thing I don't like about this product is the packaging, I know screwed on lids is more secure, especially if you plan on traveling with this; however, for daily use it is sometimes annoying to screw the lid off and then put it back on if you are in a hurry. Other than that, I really love it!

I believe you can only find this product on mannakadarcosmetics.com. The full size retails for $19 USD and once again I think I got a  full size (0.1 OZ) ! Yay!

When I saw this product it actually reminds me of a couple other products I have in my collection, an eye shadow from Urban Decay (Sin) and a eye shadow pigment from Pixi. So I put them together and swatched it. In the second picture (swatches),  the center one is the Manna Kadar one, the one on the left is Pixi and the one on the far right is Urban Decay Sin. As you can see, the shade of the Manna Kadar one is very close to the Pixi one, whereas the finishes of the shawdow is the same as the Urban decay one. It gives a slight metallic look without being too overpowering!




The total value of this bag is $74.29 USD which is more than the $10 bag+ Canadian shipping + currency conversion! The value of the bag was great! I am also really happy how 4/5 products are makeup products! I am a little disappointed with a few products; however I really love the Illamasqua Eyeliner and the Manna Kadar 3 in 1 blush, eye shadow, highlighter. Also the bag itself is super cute!!!! I think it was still an awesome month for me!

I am still rating this bag with a 4/5 !!!

❤️❤️❤️❤️


Yours Truly,


Ting


Find me here:
Instagram: @judyy116
Twitter: @jtingsdiary
Email: jtingsdiary@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment