Tuesday, May 12, 2015

My Perfume Collection


Last week my friends and I decided to visit a Sephora store after our business meeting. We were at the perfume section and randomly picking up perfume to try then I realized how different every person's scent preferences are. The perfume that are rated top 5 in the store, were mostly something I did not enjoy! (Hopefully, I'm not the only one!) 

Anyways, I looked through my Perfume stash and decided to share my collection with all of you lovely people. Hopefully this will help you discover some new scents for this season! I don't wear perfume everyday and strong scents that lingers all day will give me a headache. I usually like something that's light, floral, fruity, fresh, not too sweet and I do not like Sweet, Warm scents. You will see later that half of scents in my collection are Eau de Toilette, I prefer EDT because they will evaporate, fade away faster and will not go on too strong. Eau de Parfum contains more scent concentration, which will last longer and the heart notes will really be noticeable. Moreover, I have a lot ( like A LOT) of perfume samples from my Sephora purchases but I will not be talking about them today since they're not really in  my collection (?!) I guess if someone is interested in those samples, or any perfume in particular, I can make that happen :)

So here's my perfume collection



1. Burberry Body Tender (EDT)
  1. Top Notes
  2. Heart Notes
  3. Base notes
      • This was given to me as a birthday gift from my friend 2 years ago. To me it's more of a fruity& floral warm scent. I like this more in the fall and winter times especially pairing this with scarf. It's very sophisticated but still different from the "mature" scent. Even though it is a Eau De Toilette but I find that it actually lasts a long time, hence a little goes a long way.




2. Chloe Chloe (EDP)
  1. Top Notes
  2. Heart Notes
  3. Base notes
  1. This came with the Sephora Super Star Collection last Christmas, again it's more of a sophisticated scent. I do like the floral scent but I prefer the Chloe Rose better. I don't find myself reaching for this scent in spring, I would enjoy it more during fall. (Somehow Autumn makes me reach for the more sophisticated/ warm scents, anyone feels the same too?)


3. Bebe Sheer(EDP)



  1. Top Notes
      Citruses, Floral Notes, Red Apple
  2. Heart Notes
    • Jasmine, 
    • Freesia, 
    • Peony
  3. Base notes
    • Musk, Sandalwood, Amber

      • Oh! My Bebe! Another gift from a friend several years ago. She knows me so well! First, I love the pink, heart bottle. Even though it's EDP but it does not come off too strong. It has a light, sweet floral scent. I reach for it a lot because it is a perfect everyday scent!! For students and people that work in a closed environment, this will be perfect because other's will not be able to smell your perfume across from the room. I always hate how I can smell people's perfume from far away or that someone next to me wears WAY TOO MUCH perfume (It totally gives me a headache or makes me dizzy, ugh!)

4. D&G Dolce (EDP)

  1. Top Notes
      Papaya Flower, Neroli
  2. Heart Notes
    • Amaryllis, 
    • Narcissus, 
    •  w
    • ater Lily
  3. Base notes
    • Musk, Cashmere Wood

      • This bottle is so cute, with a little flower as the cap! I redeemed this with my Sephora points. Like the bottle, this is truly floral. The scent is pretty strong but not too crazy. Just be careful when putting this on, the scent lasts for a long time, if you are like me who gets a headache from lingering scents, don't put too much on!


5. D&G Light Blue (EDT)



  1. Top Notes
  2. Heart Notes
  3. Base notes
    • Cedar wood
    • Amber
    • Musk

        I LOVE this one! I purchased this last summer when I was looking for a new scent. I was at the travel size perfume counter and sniffing it away when I accidentally came across this. This has a good blend of floral and fruity. Prior to looking at the notes, I thought there's citrus in there but it's actually the sourness of the Granny smith apple that balanced out the floral and sweetness. I prefer this as a spring and summer scent because it reminds me of warmer weather, fresh air and flower blooming! Even though it's a EDT, I can smell the jasmine and white rose through out the day. Love it!

6. Playboy Play it Sexy (EDT)

  1. Top Notes
      Grapefruit, Mandarin Orange, Pink Pepper
  2. Heart Notes
  3. Base notes
    • Sandalwood, 
    • Patchouli, Tonka Bean, 
    • Vanilla

    • Another gift, I received this few years back as a Christmas gift from my mom. Haha I find the idea of mom giving her daughter a sexy perfume. I have to admit that the Playboy bunny cap is pretty cute. The top notes are quite enjoyable but the strong licorice scent does peak through and it took me sometime to get used to. Sweet and warm scents are not on my top lists but I do use this during winter!


7.Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy (EDP)

  1. Top Notes
    • Mandarin Orange, Wild Berries
  2. Heart Notes
  3. Base notes
    • Amber, Caramel, Praline, Sandalwood, Vanilla

        This is the first perfume I have ever purchased. This Viva La Juicy perfume is definitely a younger scent. It has a good blend of floral, citrus and sweet warm scents, I wore this almost everyday in high school and I love it still. This roller ball seems never ending, I used this regularly and it does not look like it's being used at all. I'm really glad I got the roller ball size even though the full size bottle is cuter but this is so easy to carry around. I no longer wear this everyday,I now prefer this in spring and summer. 

8. Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire (EDT)

  1. Top Notes
    • Burgamot
    • Almond, Sour 
    • Cherry, Red Berries
  2. Heart Notes
      Rose, Tea, Taif Rose, Licorice
  3. Base notes
      Anise, Tonka Bean,Vanilla,Patchouli, Iris

      This is...yes, a gift as well! This is from a special someone a few Christmases ago. It came a set with a cute pink lip gloss as well. The scent is hard to describe, it seems pretty fruity and floral. By now, I think you know I really like the mix of fruit and floral. It is a everyday perfume that is sweet innocent but with a slight hint of sexy. I can get away with this scent every season but I especially love it in the summer and winter. (yes, I know they are two opposite seasons!) For this one, you really need to smell this in person!

9. Salvatore Ferragamo Signorina (EDT)




  1. Top Notes
      Lychee, Grapefruit
  2. Heart Notes
      Rice, Rose
  3. Base notes
    Milk Mousse, Cashmere Wood




I purchased this few days ago. This is my first time smelling Salvatore Ferragamo perfumes, I am so glad I found this Eau de Toilette, the other perfumes of the same name are way too strong for me. This is really light, but definitely fruity. This is something that needs to be reapplied, but I don't mind that at all. I tried putting it on more than I need just to smell the base notes but till now, I don't think I smelled the "milk mousse". I don't even know what that smells like... This is my current favorite scent and I think this is suitable for everyday, school and work appropriate. Let's take a moment for the packaging and the bottle, It's like a blooming flower after taking apart the box packaging! Lastly, "Signorina" means young woman, which makes this perfume even more perfect as it is so suitable for me right now!








I also want to do a current Top 5, here is it:

1. Salvatore Ferragamo Signorina
2. D&G Light Blue
3. Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire
4. Bebe Sheer
5. Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy 

Feel free to share with me your Top 5 list and what scents I should try next! I'm thinking about the Tory Burch perfume. 

Yours Truly,

Ting


Find me here
Instagram: judyy116
Twitter: judyting116

~~~Perfume notes information from http://www.fragrantica.com/~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment