Monday, May 18, 2015

Spring & Summer Simple Everyday Makeup Routine


I rarely wear heavy makeup. In spring and summer especially, I like my makeup as simple as possible. Keep in mind, I have combination skin, dehydrated but occasional oily t-zone and sensitive skin. Some of the products I use may not be suitable for you but can be easily changed up to suit your skin. Also, I will be including the tools I used, just in case you're interested. (Disclaimer: a lot of the brushes you see are from My Makeup Brush Set. This is not sponsored, I purchased a big brush set from the company and I use them a lot!)

Lets get started!

Left to Right: Estee Lauder, Benefit, Maybelline
1. Benefit Porefessional 

I do not use this product all over, instead I focus it in the areas with large pores, like around the nose, chin, and area between the eyebrows. I use my hands for this (clean hands of course), I feel like using my hands can really press the product into the pores and fill them up.

2. Estée Lauder Matte Perfecting Primer
I apply this product on my T-zone using, because it tends to get oily there. This product works well at making sure the makeup stay matte. It has no scent and is really lightweight. If you  have oily skin, you can use this all over the face!

3. Maybelline Pure Mineral CC Cream SPF 37

I always wait for a few minutes for primer to sink in before applying foundation. As the weather becomes warmer, applying foundation can feel heavy. So in the spring and summer time I tend to reach for CC cream or BB Cream. The other day, I accidentally found a new trick that makes my foundation more light weight. That day I forgot to apply moisturizer before applying makeup. So I mixed the Clarins Bi-facial Serum with the Maybelline Pure Mineral CC Cream, it makes the product thinner. It applies smoother and more light weight but the coverage is still the same. I also tried this trick on different foundation, even the Estée Lauder Double Wear. 

Anyways, I use the Maybelline Mineral CC Cream because it has SPF. The product comes out white but as you apply it on the skin, it will turn into skin color. It brightens up my skin, and my skin appears more awake. I like to apply my foundation with my hand but if I need more coverage or my skin is in terrible condition, I will use the Beauty Blender instead. I just find that applying with my hands are much more convenient and it works fine. This CC Cream provides sheer to medium coverage. If you need more coverage, You might want to use BB Cream instead. CC Creams are for Color Correction. 


4. Maybelline  Concealer Cover Stick (light beige)

I have never heard anyone talk about this product. It is a creamy product in a twist up lipstick tube form which makes it easy to handle and carry around. This works on blemishes, scars and even dark circles but I use it mainly for blemishes and scars. In the summer time especially, I don't like full coverage foundations because it tends to feel cakey on the face. Instead, I like to spot treat with concealer. I apply this directly on the needed area and use the flattop foundation brush from My Makeup Brush Set to stipple it in. Because in warmer weather cream product like this becomes softer, so it is much easier to blend out..

5. Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer (light)
I am not a big fan of applying cream products on my eyes, so I use this Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer instead. This is another underrated product that people rarely talk about (Thank you +RachhLoves for introducing this) . It actually works well all over but I like it on my lids and under eyes to brighten them up! The product comes in a squeezy tube with a brush applicator, but it can get really messy. Therefore, I always squeeze it out on the back of my hand and apply it to the eye area with my fingers.


6. Urban Decay Naked Basic




I will be using my favorite eye shadow palette for the next few steps. It's the Urban Decay Naked Palette! This is my favorite because the colors are really wearable (literally!) I was really happy I found a palette like this, I bring it every where when I travel. (I'll do a separate post on this product shortly)

Left to Right: Venus, Foxy, W.O.S, Naked 2, Faint, Crave
For my brows, I mix Naked2(taupe)+ Faint(brown) for a light brown color. I apply it using an Angled Brow Brush and blend it out with a Spooly Brush both from My Makeup Brush Set.

Using the Crown Brushes' Fluffy Eye Shadow Brush, mix Foxy (pale yellow) and W.O.S. (pale nude). I apply this combo on my eye lids and under-eye area, to "set" my concealer. For everyday makeup, I tend to go with neutral colors. This combo serves 2 major purposes, it sets the concealer, provides more coverage for veins and dark circles. It's perfect for no-makeup makeup look. 


Lastly, spray some clean water or makeup mist on an Angled Eyeliner Brush and mix Faint(brown) and Crave (black). Apply this on the lash line as an eyeliner. This will give a "full lash" effect and opens up the the eyes. This is a trick, I have been using for a while because it is easier to control compared to liquid liner, it also looks more natural. Using eye shadow as eyeliner is not a new trick; however, wetting the brush before picking up the shadow color allows the color to show up more bold and last even longer. 

7. Smashbox Contour Palette 
Left: Smashbox contour brush,
Right: Small blending brush

Top to bottom: Highlight, Bronzer, Contour
I apply the contour color using the Smashbox Angled Contour Brush( came with the palette). The way I contour is like drawing a 3 on my face, basically just the temple, cheek bone and jaw line. Also on the side of my nose. and I will blend it all out with a Small Blending Brush.

For high light, I just use another Angled Brush and apply the powder( right) under the brows, down the nose and above my cheek bones. Again, blend it out with the Small Blending Brush.

The trick for a natural contour and highlight is BLENDING. So BLEND, BLEND BLEND!


8.Essence Princess Lashes Mascara

I mentioned in my first few post that I don't like using mascara(Is that normal?!) I decided to include this step because I am trying to use mascara more often, since I found a mascara that works on my lashes. First, I use the lash curler I received in an IPSY bag. The apply a thin coat of the Essence Princess Lashes Mascara. Since I like to keep my makeup simple and natural, I don't go back for a second coat.

9. Dior Addictive Lip Glow (coral/ pink)

Photo from Sephora.ca/ left to right: Original and Coral

I have been obsessed with the Dior Lip Glow, so I always reach for them. I have both the original one and the coral one. To be honest, I literally pick them up randomly from my makeup drawer because both are everyday color that works well with neutral eye look.

10. Rimmel Stay Matte (translucent)


Using my Big Powder Brush, I pick up the translucent powder and tap it on my arm to get rid of extra powder. I then apply it on my face starting with the t-zone, this is where it's most needed and the majority of the powder will be on here. Using the left over product, I will lightly dust over other areas. If you have dry skin like me, I recommend "spot set" your makeup with powder and use a setting spray on the rest of the face.

Last step is something a lot of people forget, but I find it important. I like to finish my routine with brushing off excess makeup my large fan brush so I won't look all powdery.











That's it, I'm ready to go! It's usually take me about 5 to 10 minutes to finish my makeup so if you are in a hurry or does not like using too much product, you can try this routine out! Share with my your favorite makeup product in the comments below and share this post if you liked it! Thank you :)


Yours Truly,


Ting


Find me here:
Instagram: judyy116
Twitter: judyting116

No comments:

Post a Comment