Tuesday, April 26, 2016

[Review] Burberry Kisses Sheer Lipstick

Hi all,

If you read my recent Sephora haul, you know I finally got my first Burberry lipstick! I have been wanting to purchase one since last year, but I never got a chance to get it. One of the reasons was because Sephora does not carry the Burberry line in stores and it is really hard to find a beauty counter that carries them to test out the color. I know the Nordstrom in Vancouver and some The Bay carries it but it is very hard to swatch out the colors when the sales associate is just standing next to you and stare. To my understanding, the Burberry beauty line is quite new, there are not much swatches, reviews of the products which makes it even harder to purchase online. This time around, I decided to just go for it, so here's what I think about it.

Burberry has four different lipstick lines, there's the Kisses Lipstick, Full Kisses, Kisses Sheer, and Lip Velvet Lipstick. They range from $31~$38 CAD. The one I picked up was from the Kisses Sheer line in the color No.253 Pomegranate. Let's get started!


1) Special Ingredient

Infused with Burberry’s signature of rosehip, tea and lavender formula, the lightweight gel formula offers lasting hydration and flatters all skintones..


2) Formula


The Kisses Sheer line has a lip balm-like gel texture. Like the name of the line suggests, the color should be sheerer compared to other 3 line. I think the color is pigmented but not opaque. With one swatch, the color is visible on the lips but I can still see my lips underneath it. The color is buildable, and even with 2 layers, the color is still smooth and even. The formula is very comfortable.

I have fairly chapped lips sometimes, but I am able to wear this lipstick without any lip balm. It does not accentuate my dry spots or lip lines. However, because it has a balm like formula, it does slide around a little, and some my feather out the lip line, I really suggest lining your lips with a clear lip liner before hand. I also want to point out that don't leave this in the purse during hot summer months or in the car, it will melt!

3) Scent

It has no scent at all, surprisingly, not even any chemical or plastic scents! Big Thumbs Up!

4) Packaging


The tube is thinner than the original kisses lipsticks. It looks very luxurious, with the gun metal color and the signature Burberry checkered pattern. It also does not leave much fingerprints behind. I has the magnetic closure like the NARS Audacious lipsticks. However, I was a little disappointed when I picked up the actual tube. The packaging is super light and feels like cheap plastic. Unlike the Audacious lipsticks that has a dense metal packaging, the Kisses Sheer has a somewhat flimsy plastic-y packaging.

5)Swatches/ Color

Actual color swatched on lips will be more pigmented and richer
The color No. 253 Pomegranate is a true pomegranate pink-y red color. It looks nice for everyday and it brightens up my complexion!

6) Prices/ Accessibility.
$ 36 CAD 0.12 o.z.
From: Sephora, the Bay, Nordstrom

Overall, I'm quite happy with this lipstick, it is a pretty good everyday lipstick. As far as the lasting power, the balm-like feeling goes away after a few hours but it leaves behind a pretty stain. Even when the balm feeling goes away, it is not drying nor flaky. I like lipsticks that are not too opaque or high maintenance so this is prefect for me, just remember to line your lips beforehand if you are worried that the color will slide around on your lips. Lastly, I really like the fact that it truly has no scent at all. I would pick up some other colors from the line in the future!

Yours Truly,

Ting

Find me here:
Instagram: @judyy116
Twitter: @jtingsdiary
Email: jtingsdiary@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment